Why SERVPRO of West Evansville?
Every New Year, countless people create resolutions and set goals to improve various aspects of their life. In 2020, all of us here at SERVPRO of Vincennes and West Evansville are looking forward to how we are going to SERVE you better this year. It is such an honor to be a part of the SERVPRO family, the industry leaders in restoration techniques and technology. Going into 2020, we were inspired by our SERVPRO Head Quarters in Gallatin, TN and their hands-on training facilities. We are blessed to have a large warehouse space located at our West Evansville campus that will become the home of our very own Production Practice Room. This space is an actual to scale, framed in room that will simulate the real-life materials that our Production Technicians would experience in our customer’s homes and businesses. The Production Practice room will be a supplement for the already fantastic training programs offered through SERVPRO, such as our HeroReady Program, our detailed learning path that can equip anyone with the tools and resources necessary to make it “Like it never even happened.” The room will be a new tool that will take the teachings of pen and paper and transform it into physical muscle memory in a safe, learning-conducive environment. This resource will be a playground of sorts for experienced techs and new hires alike to test cutting edge equipment, tried and true procedures, and challenge their own creative ideas. We look forward to the growth we gather from our training resources at SERVPRO and implementing them into our already successful culture to be able to better serve our communities. This New Year, this is a resolution that you can count on us to keep; in fact, it is more than a resolution. It is the SERVPRO way. -Matt Modlin
Commercial Property Water Damage Repair
When it comes to a water damage situation, especially in a commercial property the most important thing is to get the water up and the materials dried quickly and efficiently. Not only is acting quickly important we must do it correctly, as my momma always says do it right or do it twice.
Our managers and crew chiefs are all IICRC certified. So there is a method behind our madness. We use science to determine how we dry materials and we use the best technology in our field to monitor those materials and the equipment we use. These readings are then tracked in a system called DryBook where all materials readings and information about your job is kept and tracked until it is complete.
In water emergencies you can expect our 1-4-8 promise. Within an hour you will hear from our production manager, this conversation is usually us getting more information, if it is needed, and letting you know that we are on our way. Within 4 hours crews will be at your home starting extraction. And within 8 hours you will have a verbal briefing of the scope and the process that will take place. It is important that you don’t wait to mitigate a water damage.
Do you have Ceiling Water Stains?
Do you have Water Stain on Your Ceiling?
It's not good when you look up to see a spot or yellow ring or discolored blemish on your ceiling. This is especially a red flag when trying to sell or buy a home. The mark or spot is a visible mark of water damage in your home, which cannot be remedied with a simple coat of paint, as doing so can facilitate the growth of mold or mildew. Water stains should instead be repaired immediately in order to avoid further damage to ceilings.
What are some Common Causes of this?
- Clogged gutters. Full or clogged gutters are the likely culprit if you’ve experienced heavy or persistent rain.
- Leaky pipes could run from a bathroom, air conditioner, refrigerator, or dishwasher if one is located in the room above the stained ceiling.
- Caulking issue. If the caulking that surrounds your bathtub or shower deteriorates, water can leak down into the ceiling below.
Call a Professional
Let SERVPRO of West Evansville take a look. We are trained in the business and ready to serve you, your home, or office. We are able to check for mold and figure out where the problem started in the first place. We aren't here to just "cover up the problem." We are here to fix it.
What Sets us Apart?
As one of the owners here at SERVPRO of West Evansville I have often been asked "What sets your business apart?" My first thought is to rattle off all of the reasons that I know first hand on why we are the better restoration company. I quickly recalculate my thoughts as most people think they are "the best" (I promise we really are :)) and I find myself at this simple answer. "Myself or Mary (another owner) are going to be the voice on the other line after you experience one of the most traumatic experiences of your year or maybe even your life. You won't be talking to an answering service. We are sympathetic, we are people, we get it. We are here to help you."
That's it. Period. It's my favorite thing about our business and no matter our growth, that will never change. We promise.
Have you had Storm Damage to your home in Evansville Indiana?
Storm damage can come when you least suspect it. Storms can bring inches of rainfall causing flood damage needing flood damage clean up, and roof damage which can also cause water damage. Sometimes there are electrical issues after a storm which can cause water damage because of sump pump failure and also fire damage because of electrical issues.
Nobody wants storm damage but if this happens to you, SERVPRO of West Evansville I share and ready to serve those in need.
How can we help you might ask? Check out all of the ways below:
- Water Damage Repair
- Wind Damage
- Wet basement
- Debris removal
- Window board ups
- Flood clean up
- Sump Pump Failure
Call SERVPRO of West Evansville today! Proudly serving those in need in Evansville Indiana, Poseyville Indiana, and Mt Vernon Indiana.
Do you have Water Stains on your Ceiling?
More people than not have water damage stains on their ceilings. This is not a good sign. Most often it is a very bad sign.
Before we get to the "how to fix it part"..let's start with how to prevent it. What are some Common Causes of this?
- Clogged gutters.
- Full or clogged gutters are the likely culprit if you’ve experienced heavy or persistent rain.
- Leaky pipes.
- They could run from a bathroom, air conditioner, refrigerator, or dishwasher if one is located in the room above the stained ceiling.
- Caulking issue.
- If the caulking that surrounds your bathtub or shower deteriorates, water can leak down into the ceiling below.
Do you know what a water stain on the ceiling means?
- The mark or spot is a visible mark of water damage in your home
- It can't be fixed with a coat of paint..don't even try it.
- Unfortunately trying to cover it up could cause mold issues in the future.
- Water stains should instead be repaired immediately in order to avoid further damage to ceilings. So STOP and call a professional like SERVPRO of West Evansville before you try to become a youtube expert.
Let us help, do yourself a favor and call a professional like SERVPRO of West Evansville today. Proudly serving Evansville Indiana, Poseyville Indiana, and Mt Vernon Indiana.
Has Water flooded your basement?
Has water flooded your basement?
Nobody wants to be in that position, we know exactly how you feel. We built a home in 2017..weeks after we moved in..a toilet over flowed in our basement. Causing water to ruin the bathroom floor, carpet in the joined rooms and baseboard.
"We own a SERVPRO, we know all that we should and shouldn't do...how did this happen to us?"
As all water damages happen, when you are about to leave for a trip, get home from a trip, or have a house full of people. Water damage has no sympathy for your schedule. We had a home full of guests and we were faced with a huge problem.
We know first hand how amazing our team is. Our water was extracted, carpet was dried, and our home was put back together quickly. I was so grateful to have a team full of green water restoration professionals taking care of our flooded basement. We are thankful to have escaped any other water damages, but I know if we do...we will be in great hands with SERVPRO of West Evansville.
The Most Common Places for Mold to Grow
Mold can be quiet the home invader. It begins in dark, damp places and before you even notice it, it can get a grip on your home. If you have recently experienced a flood or leak you may expect some mold growth, but you may be surprised to learn some of the other places mold damage can occur.
4 Common Places for Mold to Grow
Mold growth and even mildew growth can be damaging to your home. Once mold starts to grow it can cause odor, and structural deterioration. Here are some places you might want to keep a watch on.
- Paper—Surfaces like wallpaper, stacks of old books or magazines, even cardboard boxes stored up against an outer wall. Making sure that the rooms these items are stored in are temperature regulated and well ventilated.
- Drywall—Any drywall in the home is susceptible, especially in damp areas like the bathroom or under sinks. Making sure that there are no leaking pipes and if any water is split that it is cleaned up and not let setting for long periods of time.
- Wood—Wood in bathrooms including inside cabinets, the subfloor and even the studs behind the shower surround or under the tub are all subject to mold damage if dampness is present. Making sure that bathtub over flows are properly cleaned up, when taking a shower make sure a vent fan is running or crack a window to allow steam to escape.
- Organic materials—This includes such things as cork flooring or wall covering, cotton fabrics, leather and even soil such as the floor in a crawlspace. Make sure vapor barriers are properly installed in your crawl space to insure water does not get settle into joist causing mold to grow under your home.
As always the best defense against the effects of mold damage is to keep your home dry and clean. In the event of a leaking pipe fitting or even a pipe burst, water extraction and thorough drying should be top priorities.
Call SERVPRO of West Evansville today to service all of your mold needs.
Fire or Water Damage to your Commercial Property?
A flooded commercial building or a fire damages to your commercial building might be some of the worst news you will receive all year.
Damages like these can cause you to close your doors for weeks, sometimes even months. Which unfortunately means a loss in revenue.
An owner of a hotel once said to me "It's not if we have a fire or water damage...but when." Unfortunately he is absolutely right.
That is why SERVPRO of West Evansville is here. We want to turn those closed commercial property doors from months to weeks, and weeks to days. We want to take the mess and put it all back together. After all..that is what we do.. we make it "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of West Evansville today! We are your trained professionals in fire and water restoration and clean up. Here to serve Evansville and serve them well!
Stay Safe while using Space Heaters
As a child, my parents were always hesitant to use space heaters. As an adult, I have adopted the behavior and we do not use them in our home.
Some homes have no other choice but to use space heaters, we understand that. So we wanted to write a blog to give you some tips for safety while using them.
1. Space heaters can ignite fires if they come into contact with combustible items. Be sure that the heaters should be situated at least 3 feet away from combustible items (curtains, rugs, papers, furniture such as sofas or beds, and clothes).
2. They should also be kept on flat surfaces, and not kept in walkways (to prevent bumping into the heater and knocking it over).
3. Always check to make sure that it has not been damaged in any way (including frayed cords, cracks, loose plugs).
4. Never leave your space heater unattended while it is in use.
Call SERVPRO of West Evansville for any other fire safety tips!