A Small Fire can still Cause BIG Damage
Before SERVPRO, we were not aware how much damage a small fire could cause. Unfortunately a small fire can affect every room in your home or business with smoke and soot damage. Any fire in your home or business is bad. But trust us when we say "don't try to clean it up on your own." We have equipment that was created to take care of this and we are trained and ready to tackle this problem.
Smoke and soot damage can be disheartening we know. The good news? SERVPRO of West Evansville understands how disruptive fires can be for you and your entire family. Therefore, we are available 24-hour emergency response, and, under normal circumstances, will have trained, uniformed technicians on site-of a fire damage within four hours to begin emergency services.
Give us a call today, we are ready to serve you and your Evansville Indiana home.
Storm Damage to your Evansville Indiana Home
Storm Damage can occur at any time of the year. We are here to help with roof tarps and roof repairs. We are ready to serve you and your family no matter the damage.
Storm damage...to most this might mean the occasional lighting and maybe a tree or two down. We do board ups after storms, but we aren't talking about that in this post. We are talking about major flooding, tornadoes, and hurricanes.
Here at SERVPRO of West Evansville we travel to storms all over the United States. Just last week we returned home from St. Louis. Our teams spent two weeks there cleaning up peoples homes after flooding.
We are honored to serve and travel and serve. Our team is always ready to pack their bags for the next big storm to hit. We are ready to get in our vehicles and clean up the mess after whatever size storm hits your home, office, and community.
Where does Mold Grow?
4 Common Places for Mold to Grow
Mold growth and even mildew growth can be damaging to your home. Once mold starts to grow it can cause odor, and structural deterioration. Here are some places you might want to keep a watch on.
- Paper—Surfaces like wallpaper, stacks of old books or magazines, even cardboard boxes stored up against an outer wall. Making sure that the rooms these items are stored in are temperature regulated and well ventilated.
- Drywall—Any drywall in the home is susceptible, especially in damp areas like the bathroom or under sinks. Making sure that there are no leaking pipes and if any water is split that it is cleaned up and not let setting for long periods of time.
- Wood—Wood in bathrooms including inside cabinets, the subfloor and even the studs behind the shower surround or under the tub are all subject to mold damage if dampness is present. Making sure that bathtub over flows are properly cleaned up, when taking a shower make sure a vent fan is running or crack a window to allow steam to escape.
- Organic materials—This includes such things as cork flooring or wall covering, cotton fabrics, leather and even soil such as the floor in a crawlspace. Make sure vapor barriers are properly installed in your crawl space to insure water does not get settle into joist causing mold to grow under your home.
As always the best defense against the effects of mold damage is to keep your home dry and clean. In the event of a leaking pipe fitting or even a pipe burst, water extraction and thorough drying should be top priorities.
Call SERVPRO of West Evansville today to service all of your mold needs. Let SERVPRO take care of your mold damage in your Evansville Indiana home.
Water Damage in your Evansville Indiana Home?
Here at SERVPRO of West Evansville we are ready to serve you.
Have you had a water damage in your Evansville Indiana home? Our teams are prepared with the latest training and equipment to tackle any type of water damage you have. We have been into homes with feet of water and homes with only one inch. No matter the size of the disaster, we are trained and here to help.
Our confidence to get the job done comes from our years of experience. Our crew chiefs have been with us for years. In that time they have gained new knowledge with each job, and with that comes confidence and expertise. They have been under training from our leader and general manager, Danny. Danny has been a part of SERVPRO since 2008.
Give SERVPRO of West Evansville a call today, let us help. We are ready to serve you in Evansville Indiana.
Our Communication with You, the Customer, is KEY
SERVPRO of West Evansville knows how important and valuable an open communication line is between the commercial facilities manager and SERVPRO of West Evansville.
We want you to know what is happening with your facility every step of the way. From the first telephone call within the first hour following damage notification, until the job is complete.
It is very important to us that you are aware at all times of the jobs status, what is done, and what still need to be done. This is important not only in a commercial building but also a residential building.
SERVPRO of West Evansville professionals utilize technology developed for documenting insurance claims, electronically collect and store project information which is accessible to you via a secure e-mail link 24-hours a day.
We are leading the way for restoration companies with our work and our technology to show it.
How do we help when you've had a fire?
Nobody ever plan on having a fire. We never expect something so terrible to happen. So if and when it does...we aren't typically prepared. If you are reading this and are at home, stop what you are doing and go take pictures of every room in your home and every drawer..this will make it so much easier on you if you you were to have a fire.
Here is what you can expect when you call SERVPRO of West Evansville after a fire in your home or office.
1. Fast Response…Uniformed technicians will arrive on- site usually within four hours of notification.
2. Convenient Service…we are close to your home here in Evansville Indiana
3. Damage Containment…Timely response can mean the difference between restoring property and replacing it.
4. Extensive Experience…Our business has been a leading provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration for over 40 years. Which is how we train our team and have for the past 8 years!
5. Vast Resources…Our business has large loss capabilities and can handle any fire or water damage-no matter how big.
Performance that results from the best people, training and resources in the business. We KNOW that we have the best team around. Quality work and the best customer service you will find.
When a Storm comes through town..SERVPRO of West Evansville is here.
Storm damage can be one of the most challenging types of damage for most communities. When a large storm comes through town it affects so many people, homes, and businesses.
Most damage comes in small phases, a home or business here and there. But when a huge storm comes through a community-a large number of people are then affected. Which means a large number of people are now in need of help.
This is where SERVPRO of West Evansville comes in. We have a large enough team that we can not only handle the small damage but we can handle the largest size disasters as well. We have relationships with all of our neighboring SERVPRO's that can get to us quickly and start putting peoples lives back together. We are proud to be part of a large company that can team up at any time to serve those in need.
We are proud to offer fire and water clean up and restoration along with storm damage to many communities surrounding Evansville.
Water in your basement? We've got it.
Did you know? We not only clean up after fire damage, we want to clean up your basement or home after water damage too. We are here to serve you.
Did you know? We are Flooded Basement Specialists! We train and prepare our teams to come to your rescue when your basement floods. Coming into your home to get the water out and save your belongings is what we do. We are ready to help you.
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call SERVPRO of West Evansville Today at 812-895-0581 – We’re Ready To Help!
Proudly serving you and your community in Evansville Indiana and surrounding cities.
Fire Damage Process
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the "typical" fire damage emergency here at SERVPRO of West Evansville.
Step 1: Emergency Contact- The restoration process begins when you call us directly. Our representative will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage event and dispatch you to the correct contact.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment- Our team will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service- Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, our SERVPRO of West Evansville team can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)- The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. They will then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from all Surfaces- Our team uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing- Our team will clean all of the restorable items. We have multiple cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition.
Step 7: Restoration-This is our final step, getting everything into pre-fire condition.
Let SERVPRO of West Evansville serve you today!
Is your Commercial/Office Building Prepared for a Storm?
With technology today, we can usually predict when a large storm is going to hit. Here are some helpful tips to prepare you and your loved ones for a storm and prepare your office building too!
- Tune into your local weather radio station, TV channel, or app.
- Depending on the type of storm, you must evaluate your situation.
- Create an emergency plan.
- Prepare an emergency kit. Each kit should include:
- Prepare your home.
Make sure your insurance is adequate
Learn how to safely turn off your power, gas, and water
Remove tree branches or other dangers close to your home
Check your roof and gutters clear
After hurricane Harvey and Irma we saw that preparation is key. Water and fuel became items that were not available like they normally would have been. Plan for disasters with your family, and if you ever need help, give SERVPRO of West Evansville a call.